Sunday, January 31, 2010

Life's more fun at the beach.....

Laura, Sarah, Steph and I had an enjoyable GIRLS weekend at the coast. We decided our theme would be "Favorite Things," and that we'd draw names and have a "Secret Sister" gift exchange. This activity was supposed to last the entire time we were there with the reveal of who had who on Sunday morning.....no one lasted that long and we ended up opening everything within 12 hours. Even though it was quick, it was so fun! I love my stuff ~ thanks Sarah!

Lunch at Kyllo's was excellent. We took many photos but I fear that if I post some of them, I'll lose a few friends and that would just be sad. You'll just have to use your imagination!

Now there's a hottie at the beach!

"Word to your moth-ah," Laura raps in the lighthouse. This rap gets us all in trouble for "talking too loudly." Whatev-ah!

Despite the uptight tour guide, we had a great time at the Yaquina Head Lighthouse!

Steph holds up some of the movies that we watched over the weekend ~ I believe our total was 6-7 movies in a 72 hour period. Can you say relaxed?

Sarah and I were crammed into our seats and surround by bags and bags of "stuff."

I love the coast!

If you want to see some of our group photos, click here and here and here and check them out on Laura's blog.

Yep....life's more fun at the beach, especially with great friends!!

7 comments:

  1. It was SOOOOOOO much fun! I had a blast! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A weekend at the coast sounds perfect. What a fun idea too, exchanging favorite things. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture looking out of the lighthouse is frame worthy! I'm glad you guys had fun, even if Laura did get you all in trouble! ;-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a trouble-maker! After we were told to keep our voices down, I proceeded to talk loudly up and down the stairs. Seriously, there were other people there and talking so I don't know why we and particularly Laura, was singled out. Laura wasn't even talking....

    And thanks on the picture ~ I liked how that one turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUCH A BLAST... Love all your photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great time!
    We have an ocean of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherri ~ I'd love an ocean of snow. I know....I'm weird! I just miss "real" winters.

    ReplyDelete